Presidio Parkway (San Francisco, California)
The Presidio Parkway consists. of a 3.2 mile 6-lane parkway and southbound auxiliary lane, 4 cut-and-cover tunnels, 2 high viaducts, a low causeway and landscaped medians located in a highly congested area of San Francisco. BRS is the Lead Operator for Golden Link Concessionaire to deliver Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation/Renewal services for the 30 year operations period.
- Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT) is approximately 110,000.
- The scope of work includes tunnel operations through our fully staffed 24/7 Traffic Control Center and maintenance repair and rehabilitation of all tunnel and roadway assets including structures and drainage inspections.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) maintenance to include CCTV, metering lights, video incident detection, linear heat detection, deluge systems, ventilation and all tunnel systems maintenance; and traffic incident management.
- Developed full suite of project, maintenance, and operations management plans involving multiple stakeholders and emergency services.
- Invested US$2m to retrofit Southbound Battery Tunnel and install lighting controllers in three remaining tunnels under construction in order to drive energy efficient and cost effective operations while ensuring all performance criteria is met.